- I have slid out the next release until November 15th
- I have begun learning how to upstream the github changes into the VMware git repos for rbVmomi
- we will need to determine the upstreaming process' impact on the public repo
- I need to get any merge requests peer reviewed by VMware internal folks before proceeding
- I have triaged 2 new bugs
- issue 176 is an interesting issue we've seen directly impact integrations like OpenStack, SaltStack, and Ansible. I would like to find a clean answer.
- issue 180 is a problem I've heard reported before, it has to do with a newer vCenter server speaking to an older ESXi host. The current work-around is to ask the programmer to select a lowest acceptable version number (ie: 5.1) and use that namespace exclusively. The bug reporter has done a good job of breaking down the problem. We need to have a solution that will work robustly and impact client code minimally. EDIT: This issue is only known to impact ESXCLI use at this time
- I wrote a simple sample for an IRC user today describing how to navigate a virtual machine's hardware devices. The sample is rather straight forward and I was glad to get to write a sample after having neglecting samples for so long
- I revisited pyVmomi-tools and started a testing refactor using VCRpy
Thursdays will be my rbVmomi/pyVmomi day and I'll alternate between the projects. This week I spent most of my time on pyVmomi so next week I'll try to focus on rbVmomi.
More next week...