2007-07-30

I was wrong.

I was wrong about workflows. I was wrong about acceptance testing. I was wrong about scripting languages. It's time to fix that. The next few weeks will begin my quest to change the world and right these wrongs.

  1. Workflows are not ever the right answer unless they can be tested and debugged. If you can not test it you can not validate it. If you cannot validate it you will eventually see code rot.
  2. Business needs should be modeled in testing not just whether a unit of code functions but whether it helps to fill a business need.
  3. Scripting languages are a vital tool in the software developer's tool kit. You can create clean maintainable applications in the right scripting language. To dismiss dynamic scripting languages as toys is wrong.
Changing the world for the better...

Step one: Continuous Integration and Executable Documentation.