Why? No other distribution hits this sweet spot of utility properly:
- make cloneconfig - beautiful, make a kernel config exactly like your running config without any worries
- yast2 +/- gui - easy to learn sysadmin tasks... low training and pain threshold
- autoYast - easy to clone installs
- LDAP / ActiveDirectory integration - integrate and play nice with Windows domains so easy a newbie could do it!
- centralized patching - keep your systems patched from one patch repository
- "plays nice with VMware"
- profile.local - put your localized custom configurations in *.local files along side the distribution files... end the Gentoo configuration file merge nightmare by keeping your localized configuration files separate.